Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2

So this morning, I took a little hike for my exercise. it was nice, nothing special... just for some reason when i'm out exercising, I get this look from people. Kinda a mix between amused, helpful, worried I'm going to die, surprised, and shoot-me-if-I-ever-look-like-that. I honestly don't know how to react to those looks, whether to feel encouraged, insulted, or saved... I really don't know. I definetly feel a mix of emotions, ranging from "shut up, you'll look like me someday, and I'll look like you, then we'll see whose smiling" to "oh that's nice, I really appreciate the support of other people who are actually good at exercising and in good shape."
Why do I have to live in Provo, one of the fittest cities in the US? I mean, before I started working out again, it was killing me every morning driving to work since all I ever saw was hundreds of in shape people running outside, now it's killing me to be the only fat guy outside running... oh well, I'm sure it'll all get easier.
On a lighter note, major props to my beautiful wife, she went walking with me last night to assist in my weight loss goals even though she doesn't have an ounce of fat on her body, then she even listened for me going for the banana bread late at night and asked "Are you eating?" then told me "You're welcome" when I put it back. It seems to me the most important part of weight loss and accomplishing anything major that takes a lot of effort is a good support group, and she is the best.
Thank You, Come Again!
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment